The Role: Senior Business Development Manager
Job Functions: Sales / Business Development
Industry: Financial Services / Financial Technology & Services/ FinTech
Employment Type: Full-time / London & Remote Based
Salary Range: £30K to £40K plus OTE, based on direct complementary industry experience
Following significant international growth and investment Paynetics UK is expanding its Business Development Department and is recruiting for a Business Development Executive.
We are a leading and innovative, digital first, regulated UK and EEA e-money Issuer, focused on the payment industry with offices in London, Sofia, Toronto and New York. We have built a dedicated team of passionate and experienced professionals, whose shared mission is to change the world of digital payment solutions by making payments ‘simple’.
We service the B2B and B2B2C market and our clients are mostly banks, fintech’s and corporates, with high profile household brands offering a range of services and products in digital and physical form factors across mobile, online, and instore using our inhouse and innovative technology.
Paynetics is a Principal Member of VISA, MasterCard and UnionPay International. We have launched the first mobile payment app phyreapp (Phyre) on banking rails with an award-winning loyalty engine built in. We also were the first to launch a game changing payment acceptance solution with Android phone through our sister company software POS (Phos). Most recently we have acquired the Wirecard corporate portfolio of corporate brands and have successfully transitioned them onto our platform where they are enjoying our new digital technology, such as digital rewards in-App and toxenisation through Apple Pay and Google Pay mobile provisioning. We are supporting these newly on-boarded customers through our new Super Portal and Al-in Program Manager model.
What we expect of you, day to day
- This is a solution sales role, working with the Business Development team to outreach for new business opportunities across broad marketplaces
- Develop a constantly moving sales funnel and report via our Sales CRM
- Tender submissions and key point of contact for all inbound and outbound sales leads
- Consistently closing quality business contracts that will have a sustainable relationship with Paynetics Group and drive repeat business and retention
- Fully understanding our competition and up to speed on key insights and market intelligence
- To help onboard our new customers from Sales to Projects with passion and simplicity
- Account Develop our current strategic portfolio of brands through cross selling, and identifying new business opportunities at every stage / constantly building lasting relationships
- The ability to analyse and understand Paynetics payment services and technology stack
- Commercial modelling, proposal and contracting drafting with pace and accuracy
- Management of our public sector book and executing the plan to grow more market share in this specialist sector
- Networking, and attending industry events, always advocating Paynetics and our Products
- This is not an exhaustive list and no two days are the same, ability to prioritise is essential
- The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in Business Studies or a Technical discipline, or closely related subject and demonstrable experience in business development experience in commercial payments. This may be from a card network, a bank, corporate or FinTech business
- A proven track record in meeting sales targets and securing new log sales
- A general background in payments (card network, cross border and domestic) is important. An interest in the future of payments and the change being driven by regulation will also be needed.
- An individual who has experience in the Banking as a Service, Corporate Payments and Travel Money sectors particularly in the UK and the EEA. This will mean being able to show understanding of the industry structure, its key participants, and key business issues. An understanding of Government and procurement will be useful.
- This is a highly commercial and target driven role and you will need to prove the financial success of your efforts. You will need strong financial, analytical, collaborative and product skills that align with managing major opportunities. This will include working with pricing and deal modelling teams.
- Influencing skills with be a critical part of this role. You must be able to influence both internal and external business stakeholders and partners, and have the credibility to negotiate, strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients and partners, and the ability to establish open and transparent relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical. Ideally, you will be comfortable representing Paynetics with our customers and in public forums and reflecting the Paynetics values.
Who you are
- You are a door ‘Opener’ and also a ‘Closer’ these sales qualities are absolutely essential
- Looking for a step up from Business Development Manager or Sales Executive to a Senior role with the opportunity to access your own direct reporting lines
- Valuable experience in payments/ fintech industry looking to develop this knowledge
- Target driven, with a customer success attitude, analytical mindset, logical thinking, good decision-making, organisational and prioritising skills (that thrives in a start-up environment)
What you can expect from the role
- A supportive work environment and a culture of collaboration
- Reward on business growth and performance
- Leadership by an industry leading management team
- Mentorship and career acceleration at exceptional pace
Paynetics is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere.
Get in touch today easily via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find more information at paynetics.digital and linkedin.com/company/paynetics
Follow us via Twitter @PayneticsAD
Strictly No Agencies.